A Fan Belts cools the radiator and coolant while helping the coolant to circulate throughout the engine. Fan Belts connects the water pump, radiator fan, air conditioning unit and crosses the crank pulley. Fan Belts plays an important role in the vehicles. Fan Belts take the engine's rotation and use it to power the engine water pump, fan, power steering pump, air conditioning compressor, alternator, and others.
The alternator is an electrical power generating unit of a car and it is a major component of the vehicle's charging system, which is driven by Fan Belts. Thus Fan Belts plays an important role in converting the mechanical energy into electrical energy. Without the Fan Belts alternator would not be able to provide sufficient charge to the battery, power steering would fail to operate and the car may overheat. When the engine is running, the alternator charges the car battery and supplies additional electric power to the other vehicle electrical systems. The spinning is made possible with the help of Fan Belts which runs from the pulley on the alternator to the crank-shaft.
The type of Fan Belts around the alternator depends solely on the make of the vehicle. Though new generation cars are fitted with Poly-V Belts which drives the alternator and multiple parts of the engine, as a result, there is no need for a specific Fan Belts. But the old version of cars, had a separate Fan Belts, mainly a raw edge cogged Belt to drive the alternator.
Experience the product
Our stunning interactive 3D Belt model allows viewers to get a hands-on experience with products by allowing them to view them from any angle or scale with rich rendering.
- Best suited for next-generation, high-speed engines.
- Cog profile offers enhanced flexibility and heat dissipation rate.
- Higher power transmission capacity, best suited for smaller diameter pulleys.
- Engineered and chemically treated with low stretch tensile cords for higher loads.
- Compounded for better grip and lateral rigidity.
- Excellent resistance to oil and heat.
- Suitable for HEMM (Heavy earthmoving machinery) applications.
- Temperature range: -25°C to +100°C and -45°C to +120°C in case of EPDM Belts.
- Specially designed top fabric for high resistance to wear and crack
- Special high adhesion compound for improved dynamic adhesion performance
- Specially treated polyester cord ensures minimal stretch of the belts
- Fibre loaded compression compound for high power transmission and dimensional stability
- Moulded cogged profile for superior flexibility and heat dissipation
Intermediate sizes are available upon request
BS ISO-5287, DIN 7753-3, SAE J 636, JASO E 107
High-temperature industrial drives, Compressors, Blowers, High power presses, Hot rolling mills, Textile machinery, ID fan, FD fans, Excavators, Pumps, Generators, Pulverisers, etc.
|Section||Top Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Angle (Degree)||Manufacturing Range||Length Designation|
|Min. (mm)||Max. (mm)|
|X9.5 / AVX10||10.0||8.0||36||550||5000||La|
|X12.5 / AVX13||13.0||10.0||36||550||5000||La|